Three Months Down, One to Go!

10:53

Firstly, I can't believe its been three months... Happy third monthiversary Paris! 

Anywho, I realise its been a while, pals, but I'm sure if you've watched the news or read my last blog post, you'll understand why. After the Paris attacks, I spent a few days hiding in my apartment with Sam, and then Alice and I decided we needed to get out of France for a little bit because we'd scared ourselves silly and needed to chill out. So I spent a week at home and then came back to Paris (much to my gran's relief, as she had booked tickets to come and see me the weekend after I returned!), refreshed and ready to take on the last few weeks of my time here before Christmas. 

Since being back, I've been feeling so happy and really comfortable being here. I wrote a post on feeling homesick last month and that feeling seems so far away now (finally!). 


I've not done a huge amount since returning to Paris because these last two weeks of term involve a lot of exams. But, I did have a really lovely time with my Gran last weekend. We went to the Christmas markets at La Défense and Champs-Elysées, they're the two biggest in Paris and they were fantastic. There are so many amazing stalls, set up in little chalets and decorated with wreaths and baubles, and there was plenty to eat and drink too. 


I've done four exams so far in the last couple of weeks, and I have four more and an essay left to do before the Christmas break, which starts on the 18th December. The exams have been really hard so I'm pretty glad the results don't count towards my overall degree! 

This Sunday the Christmas market at the Trocadero opens, so I'm planning on dragging poor Sam round that and eating my weight in crepes and waffles as an incentive to get the essay I need to write done. 

That's all for now, just wanted to update my blog and let you all know that Paris is pretty great, Christmas is imminent and I am excited! 


Bean xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments