Happy Monthiversary, Paris!

07:56

Hello, bonjour, hola! 

First month in Paris? Completed it mate. 

Today marks the end of my first month in Paris. Four whole weeks done and I'm still around to tell the tale! Pretty pleased with that. To celebrate, I missed a three hour seminar because of metro issues (thank you metro) and went to the park, read some of the play I'm supposed to have read already and ate a pain au chocolate, you know, just being my cultured, Parisian self... 


The last month has been the most stressful month I've had in a long time, from finding an apartment to registering for classes to then finding those classes, and of course doing all of this in French. Its been exhausting! But I do feel like its all getting a lot easier to do and to cope with. I can't say I've fully come to terms with the French lack of organisation, or caring about being organised, but I have certainly learnt to expect it which makes it a lot easier to deal with! 

I really can't believe how quickly this first month has gone; I think it will probably be the hardest month which makes me think the next four will fly by and there is so much that I still have to do and see!
Although I am really missing everyone from home and from York and sometimes that gets a little bit too much (I can't deny that I've shed a fair few tears on FaceTime to my poor mum and dad!), I have been having a brilliant time too. 

I've also managed to get myself a job! I applied to work for a company called Babylangues, which sets you up with a family to teach their children English using all sorts of activities specifically created by the founder of Babylangues to help learning English become part of the daily routine and playtime. I feel quite strongly about children learning a second language early on, as its the best time for them to learn, so I'm really looking forward to watching and being a part of the process! (Go on Jodie, try and sound like more of a nerd). I'm just waiting to be assigned to a family now, fingers crossed that happens fairly quickly! 

One month down, four to go. Then we go to Spain!

À bientôt, 

Bean x




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are doing fantastically well Jodie, we are following your progress and blog, although we don't always comment we are here. Much love Doug, Estela and Max. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, love you all lots! xxx

      Delete