When the sun found Santiago

07:45

The number of times I've been told I'll come back to England with a tan after living here in Spain is quite concerning. Firstly, when have I EVER had a tan? I've spent hours, days and weeks trying but alas, I am the definition of an English Rose (read: pale). Not only does my inability to go any darker than a warm beige make it difficult for me to return home with a tan, but also the fact that the sun in Santiago for more than one day a week seems to be a fairly rare occurrence... 

But, this last week or so has been totally dry, warm and sunny, and we have certainly made the most of it. Just like in England, when the sun comes out everyone's mood is instantly lifted. Now, I'm writing this blog post looking facing the window in my sitting room, there is not a patch of blue sky in sight and I am NOT happy about it. So I thought I'd write a little blog post about our weekend in the sun to make myself feel better (and possibly to avoid writing more of the essay I'm supposed to be doing right now).


Last Saturday a group of us went to Ourense, a town about two hours away, to las termas (hot springs, baths). We got a bus at 10am and arrived at midday to the most beautiful sunshine. We spent about an hour walking in different directions trying to find the bloody baths, but of course that wasn't a problem because we were walking in the sun. The wait was definitely worth it too, we arrived, popped on our bikinis and went down to the baths. We spent the next two hours chilling in the different baths, soaking up the sun (I did spend a bit of time hiding my face for fear of burning, but let's not dwell on that). 



The following day we sat outside a café in the sun with chocolate con churros, then headed to Parque de Belvis and laid in the sun for a while. It was perfect and I'm really quite upset that I can't do that everyday! We also followed our day in the sun with pizza, doesn't get much better than that if you ask me. 



Also, Friday marked two months since I moved to Santiago, firstly - where on earth has that time gone? And secondly, can time stop going so quickly because I am not ready to leave this place! Too much fun, too many lovely people - I am a very happy Bean. 
Having said that, I'm going home for a five day visit on Wednesday and I am very excited to see all my pals and family! 

Better stop procrastinating now... Back to the essay. 
Bean xx













You Might Also Like

0 comments